Going for an Evening Ride, Sabbathday Lake, 1913Item 6905 info
United Society of Shakers
Friends often came down from the Poland Spring Hotel to accompany members of the community on automobile rides. On the left is the community's first car, a Silent Seldon purchased in 1909 from Fred A. Nickerson of Portland for $2,100. Elder Delmer Wilson is at the wheel. The passenger in the front seat of the second car is Elder William Dumont.