Head of Skowhegan Island, from Elm Street, about 1870Item 9067 info
Skowhegan History House
The effects of flooding can be seen as the underpinning is gone from the Stinchfield Mill and flood damage is very apparent in the back of the Bragg Shovel Handle Factory, two of the buildings in the center of the photo at Skowhegan Island.
The logs in the river are characteristic of 1870. Later, four-foot pulp wood was more common.