Workers at Steven's Sardine Cannery, BrooklinItem 12761 info
Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
Steven's Sardine Cannery was one of the first canneries in Brooklin to pack sardines. It was owned by S. G. Stevens. The cannery was located on the east end of Center Harbor. Later the plant was sold to A. E. Farnsworth.
This photo, taken around 1900, is notable in that the workers are primarily men.
Twenty years later, when it was the Farnsworth cannery, the workers were largely women. [See the Farnsworth Cannery worker photos elsewhere in this series.]