Fish Cannery, BrooklinItem 12754 info
Sedgwick-Brooklin Historical Society
One of the early fish canneries located on Center Harbor in Brooklin, circa 1900, as seen from the water. Until Stevens began packing sardines in 1890 in his factory, fish canneries in the area were for smoking and packing pogies.
In 1902, A. E. Farnsworth bought the Steven's Sardine Cannery; both clams and sardines were packed. Farnsworth owned his own boats and had one weir placed at the end of Flye Point.
A reservoir was located on the hill above the factory with a windmill used to pump water into the reservoir.