In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Maine Memory Network

The Plymouth Company Maps

Plan of the Kennebeck River describing the Plymouth patent, ca. 1719

Plan of the Kennebeck River describing the Plymouth patent, ca. 1719

Item 11976 info
Maine Historical Society

Manuscript map 347 from the Plymouth Company records showing a plan of the Kennebec River describing the Plymouth patent. Land area includes the Kennebec River and lands on the east and west from Casco Bay to Norridgewock.

Indian grants are listed and well as proprietors' purchases of land. Landmarks include "Rowsick Mills" in contemporary Arrowsic,Brunswick fort, a fort at Job Lewis' residence in Woolwich, Richmond Fort, a fort in Norridgewock and two trading houses on the east side of the Kennebec.

Rivers mentioned include the Kennebec, the Sagadahock (southern end of the Kennebec), Pejepscot River (now Androscoggin), Muddy River, Cathance River, Cobbosseconte River, Abagadasset River and Sebasticook River.


Item 39 of 40