Skowhegan Falls, ca. 1800Item 12558 info
Maine Historical Society
"A copy of a plan of the small lots and roads leading to Skowhegan Bridge in Canaan on the easterly side of the Kennebeck River," commissioned by the Plymouth Company, ca. 1760. On the back of this map is written, "Danl Stewards Plan of small lots at Skowhegan Falls."
This area once known as part of Canaan is now Skowhegan. Cornville Rd. on the map refers to present-day Water St. and "Norridgewock" on the map turns into present-day Elm St.
This is manuscript map 3 from the Plymouth Company collection.