President Roosevelt at Gray, ca. 1912Item 28739 info
Seashore Trolley Museum
The 31-mile long Portland-Lewiston Interurban Railroad, which began operation in 1914, boasted one of the most progressive interurban technologies in its day. It could reach speeds exceeding 70 mph.
The interior of this well-appointed passenger car, named #14 or the "Narcissus," was furnished in mahogany with ebony and holly inlay.