Share your historical collections—and recollections—on Maine Memory Network (MMN) with educators, researchers, and all those interested in Maine history!
There are several ways individuals can contribute to Maine Memory Network.
- Become an Individual Contributing Partner (ICP) to digitize, catalog, and publish your items online.
- Participate in My Maine Stories, our participatory storytelling forum that provides an online space for sharing your recollections about Maine.
- Donate your historical materials to your local historical society or library, and encourage them to upload your collections to Maine Memory. This can ensure they will be preserved and made accessible to the public.
- Reach out to your local historical society, library, or other collecting organization. Become a member, encourage them to get involved with MMN, and offer your help. Volunteers provide essential skills, energy, and labor. See list of current Contributing Partners.
- Comment on items currently in the database with an easy feedback form at the bottom of every item and exhibit.
- Use the album tool to create a free account and gather, annotate, and share items from the database. Create your own online exhibits and share them on your own website, Facebook, or other pages.
Uploading your own items
- Who can contribute: Anyone with items related to Maine.
- What to contribute: Primary sources related to Maine history—digital images of original historical photographs, documents, records, letters, journals, objects, and ephemera—are the foundation of MMN. We do not accept photocopies, reproductions, or published secondary material like newspapers.
- How it works:
- Next steps: