Welcome to Maine Memory's Digital Classroom
The resources found in this section are designed to help teachers and students learn about Maine history, use Maine Memory effectively, and explore the history of their own communities.
We are especially excited to announce the launch of Finding Katahdin: An Online Exploration of Maine History, a major new resource for teachers. Finding Katahdin Online includes more than 50 Maine Studies lesson plans and hundreds of primary source documents tied to the acclaimed Maine Studies text book Finding Katahdin (University of Maine Press, 2002). Enter Finding Katahdin Online.
The Maine Memory Network allows teachers and students to:
- access a growing collection of more than 20,000 primary source materials contributed by over 260 organizations from every corner of Maine;
- create and share online exhibits, albums, and slide shows; and
- work with local historical organizations—scanning, doing research, and building exhibits—to share their community's history on Maine Memory.
We provide extensive support to teachers and students, including:
- demonstrations of the Maine Memory Network;
- training sessions;
- help identifying, locating, and using historical sources in your community; and
- help developing partnerships with local historical organizations.
Contact us for more information, to talk about your interests, or to schedule a demonstration in your school!