Would your organization like to become a contributing partner by sharing your
Maine history collection? Apply Today!
A Collaborative Project
Approximately 200 organizations from every corner of the state have contributed
more than 18,000 primary documents to the MMN. This has enabled dozens of small
collecting organizations to establish a Web presence and share their collections, at
no cost to them.
View a list of contributors and search for their items.
Contributing Partners can upload, edit, and catalog items from their own
locations. Each Partner has its own administrator's password that allows for
complete control over all digital files and cataloging records.
Scroll down if you are interested in learning more about contributing items
from a public or private collection
Benefits of Contributing
- share your collections on the Internet
- provide better access to your collections to people in your community
- increased organizational visibility, which can lead to increased membership
- learn to scan and catalog your collections
- sell reproductions online through VintageMaineImages.com
- create online exhibits
- store your large digital scans and digital backups of your collection
- decrease the handling of fragile documents
- develop relationships with local teachers and students
- much more
It's easy to become a Contributing Partner. We will train you how to digitize
and catalog your items to meet our site standards. All records are reviewed
and checked for historical accuracy. If you don't have a scanner or computer,
we can offer recommendations or discuss other resources in your community.
Read our how to participate page and fill out the online application and our Outreach Coordinator will contact you.