Finding Katahdin Document Packets, Chapter 8, Section 1
Chapter 7, page 233.
This advertising card describes the products of the Willimantic Thread Company and is stamped with the name of one of the distributors: Mrs. Warren J. Conlan of Biddeford.
The Willimantic Thread Co. of Willimantic, Connecticut, opened a spool mill on Wilson's Stream in Township 8 Range 8.
The mill featured the first electric light in Piscataquis County and a modern facility.
In 1881 the town was incorporated as Howard, but the name was changed to Willimantic in 1883.