Lt. George B. Stevens letter to wife, Chantilly, VA, 1863
Contributed by Westbrook Historical Society
Lt. George B. Stevens of Westbrook, serving at the 25th Maine Regiment's headquarters in Chantilly, Virginia, wrote home to his wife Jean "Jennie" Graham Stevens about day-to-day life in camp and his longing for home.
Stevens (1839-1926) enlisted in the 25th Maine Infantry Co E on September 29, 1862 and was soon promoted to 1st Lieutenant. In February 1865, he re-enlisted as a private, joining Co. H of the 30th Maine infantry. He mustered out the following August.
- Title: Lt. George B. Stevens letter to wife, Chantilly, VA, 1863
- Creator: Stevens, George Byron
- Creation Date: 1863-04-17
- Subject Date: 1863
- Town: Chantilly, Westbrook
- County: Cumberland, Fairfax
- State: ME, VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 19.5 x 25
- Local Code: D$-3.1 Geo. B. Stevens 25th Maine Letters
- Collection: Geo. B. Stevens, 25th Maine Civil War Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Westbrook Historical Society
426 Bridge Street, Westbrook, ME 04092
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
Stevens, George Byron--Correspondence
United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 25th (1862-1863). Company E
Stevens, Jean Graham--Correspondence
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.