Dixfield Common Schoolhouse, Dixfield Centre, ca. 1900
Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
Dixfield Common or Centre had the first schoolhouse in the Town of Dixfield. This brick building was errected in 1830-31 and had a wooden shed and outhouse attached. Town meetings were also held here for several years. The building was lost to fire in 1906. Students attended other districts in town until a new building was errected in 1919.
- Title: Dixfield Common Schoolhouse, Dixfield Centre, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Dixfield Common
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: black and white photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 9.8 x 14
- Local Code: 2014-99
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Reference Photograph Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.