Cheese wheels produced at Dixfield Centre Cheese Factory, Dixfield, ca. 1880
Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This image shows the cheese aging room at the Dixfield Centre Cheese Factory Co. near Dixfield Common around 1880. Pictured are Lula Chase, Dan Newton, and Nettie Holman. Dan Newton was in charge of running the factory which operated during summer months only. Most of the production was made in twenty pound wheels. The dairy farms in the surrounding area sold their milk to the factory.
- Title: Cheese wheels produced at Dixfield Centre Cheese Factory, Dixfield, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Local Name: Dixfield Common
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 11.5 x 16.5
- Local Code: 2014-97
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.