Letter concerning Philenia Mitchell's death, Hallowell, 1837
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Josiah Perham Jr. of Hallowell wrote to his brother-in-law Kiah B. Sewall in New York City to tell him that Sewall's sister, Philenia Sewall Mitchell had died unexpectedly about two hours after giving birth to a son.
Perham, who was married to Esther Sewall, wrote that "she was not expected to die till a few minutes before she died.
Philenia Mitchell was married to John S. Mitchell of Gardiner.
- Title: Letter concerning Philenia Mitchell's death, Hallowell, 1837
- Creator: Perham Jr., Josiah
- Creation Date: 1837-01-19
- Subject Date: 1837
- Town: Hallowell, New York
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME, NY
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 105, Box 1/1
- Collection: Sewall family papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.