Contributed by Belfast Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The 26th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment reunion members posed on the steps of Memorial Hall on August 8, 1901.
Private Philip S. Holmes is the only person identified. He is in the front row, fifth from the left.
The 26th was a nine-month regiment, mustered in on October 11, 1862 and mustered out on August 17, 1863. Ninety-five men from Belfast enlisted in Company I.
About This Item
- Title: 26th Maine Regiment Reunion, Belfast, 1901
- Creation Date: 1901-08-08
- Subject Date: 1901-08-08
- Town: Belfast
- County: Waldo
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.5 cm x 11.5 cm
- Local Code: 3-3-2A Folder 4
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Belfast Historical Society
10 Market Street, Belfast, ME 04915
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Veterans
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 26th (1862-1863)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.