Railroad Station, Fort Kent, ca. 1920
Fort Kent Railroad Station with Fort Kent Hotel in background. Engine 204 on the right.
This railroad station opened in 1902 as the northern terminus of the Fish River Railroad and was later used by the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad. It remained in use until 1979. The station is a one-story, one-room-deep, seven-bay frame building with gable-on-hip roof and wide overhanging eaves.