Contributed by Leeds Historical Society
This is a photo of Dr. Daniel Frank Davis Russell as a young boy, born Sept 2, 1879 to Alonzo Proctor Russell and Mary Ann Goddard Richardson Russell.
After a lifetime of practicing bedside medicine in Leeds, he died in 1975. The D.F.D. Russell Medical Center is named after him. His impact on the community is immeasurable, serving not only as a healer par excellence, but as a town officer.
Many stories are told of his committment to the health of this town. He stayed by the bedside of many a sick or dying patient through the long nights, back in the days without antibiotics, modern facilities and effective methods of surgery.
About This Item
- Title: Daniel Frank Davis Russell, ca. 1889
- Creator: Hammond Photo Lewiston, Maine
- Creation Date: circa 1889
- Subject Date: circa 1889
- Town: Leeds
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 10 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Leeds Historical Society
553 North Road, Leeds, ME 04263
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- D.F.D. Russell Medical Center (Leeds, Me.)
- Medical facilities
- Russell, Daniel Frank Davis--Portrait photographs
- Alonzo Proctor Russell
- D.F.D. Russell
- D.F.D.Russell Medical Center
- Mary Ann Goddard Richardson Russell
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.