Taber wagon with horses and farm laborers, ca. 1910
Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
The Taber drop-axle wagon invented by Silas Taber of Houlton and patented was used for dropping the center of gravity of the wagon, thus enabling the draft horses to pull a heavier load more easily.
- Title: Taber wagon with horses and farm laborers, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Houlton
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Black & white photograph
- Dimensions (cm): 20.4 x 25.4
- Local Code: p1
- Collection: Agricultural collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.