William B. Jack School, Portland, 1944
In 1943 the Portland Water District gifted two lots of land on North Street, near the Munjoy Hill Reservoir, to the City of Portland for use as athletic fields by the William B. Jack School. The William B. Jack School, named for a Portland High School principal, was located at the north end of North Street and the Eastern Promenade. It served as a junior high school from 1943, later becoming an elementary school. It was torn down and replaced by the East End Community School, at exactly the same site, in September of 2006.