Contributed by Caribou Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Postcard of the Caribou Public Library viewed from High Street. The postcard features a red 2 cent stamp with the image of George Washington and is postmarked August 1926.
The message on the back of the postcard reads, "Having a great time, and seeing some potatoes fields."
Postcard shows the original Carnegie library before the addition in 1964 that nearly tripled its size.
About This Item
- Title: Caribou Public Library, est. 1911
- Creator: C. T. American Art, Chicago
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Caribou Public Library
- Town: Caribou
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Watercolor
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: R Car 974.11 Pos
- Collection: Postcards of Caribou
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Caribou Public Library
30 High Street, Caribou, ME 04736