Contributed by North Yarmouth Historical Society
Discharge paper for James Lawrence from the 6th infantry regiment of the United States Colored Troops, Sept. 20, 1865.
James Lawrence was a Civil War soldier who, after the end of the Civil War, was appointed to the United States Colored Troops, 6th, serving out of Raleigh, North Carolina.
At the time of his discharge, he had been a soldier for about three years, seeing service with the 11th Maine Volunteer Infantry, Company H.
About This Item
- Title: Discharge of James Lawrence, Sept. 20, 1865
- Creator: United States Army
- Creation Date: 1865-09-20
- Subject Date: 1865-09-20
- Town: Wilmington
- State: NC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 22 cm
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:North Yarmouth Historical Society
10 Village Square Road , North Yarmouth, ME 04097
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Colored Infantry Regiment, 6th (1863-1865)
- Lawrence, James--Papers
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.