Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Ira E. Getchell of Winslow wrote to Ellen Forbes, a native of Paris, Maine, who was a Civil War nurse serving in Washington, D.C., Nov. 23, 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Ira E. Getchell to Ellen Forbes, Nov. 23, 1862
- Creator: Getchell, Ira E.
- Creation Date: 1862-11-23
- Subject Date: 1862-11-23
- Town: Washington, Winslow
- County: Kennebec
- State: DC, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1035, Box 1/2
- Collection: Papers of the Tolman/Pottle families
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.