Contributed by Maine Historical Society
April 6, 1865 letter from Willis M. Porter to his wife in Old Town about the surrender of General Lee in the Civil War.
About This Item
- Title: Willis M. Porter letter about Lee surrender, 1865
- Creator: Porter, Willis M.
- Creation Date: 1865-04-06
- Subject Date: 1865-04-06
- Town: Old Town
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1605, Box 1/4
- Collection: Willis M. Porter diaries and correspondence
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.