Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In this photograph, taken February 22, 1907, the five masted schooner Magnus Magnusson (at left) and the four masted schooner General E.S. Greeley are shown tied up at the West Boothbay Harbor ice wharf to be loaded to transport the ice south.
The ice would have been cut at West Harbor Pond and pulled from there up into the ice company's massive storage building (behind the photographer). The ice blocks were later slid up a ramp and out onto the 400 foot wharf of the Maine Ice Company.