Letter to George Richardson from Fessenden & Deblois, 1845
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The law firm of Fessenden & Deblois wrote to George Frost Richardson (1790-1845), owner of the brig Porpoise, commanded by Captain Cyrus Libby of Scarborough, concerning the seizure of that vessel by the U.S.S. Raritan.
Richardson was charged with being engaged in the slave trade between Africa and Rio de Janeiro.
- Title: Letter to George Richardson from Fessenden & Deblois, 1845
- Creator: Fessenden & Deblois
- Creation Date: 1845-07-26
- Subject Date: 1845-07-26
- Town: Portland, Rio de Janeiro
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 187 Box 1/4
- Collection: George F. Richardson papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.