Pulp Mill, Skowhegan, ca. 1900
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"Taken from pier in river, looking east. Old Farwell residence may be seen high on bank at left, now occupied by Mr. & Mrs. Harold C. Woodbury.
A glimpse of water pouring over Skowhegan dam may be seen at right. Top of Kidder mill shows over the pulp building. Chimney at left was built by H. C. Purinton & Company, of Waterville. During its construction ten feet in elevation was built in one day. This was supposed to be a record in structures of this character.
The pulp mill in this picture, the Kidder mill and the buildings beyond are now occupied by the Daniel E. Cummings Company.
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical View, 1929"
Henry A. Wyman Collection