Contributed by Skowhegan History House
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image was taken from the north side of the Kennebec River, looking South over Skowhegan Island. The nine acre Island was a crowded cluster of factories, churches, the high school and commercial activity.
About This Item
- Title: Rooftops over Skowhegan Island, ca.1875
- Creation Date: circa 1875
- Subject Date: circa 1875
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: 204.5_skowtown_hh_lg
- Collection: Wyman collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.