Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Brigadier General Benedict Arnold wrote this letter during the march to Quebec during the American Revolution.
This letter was written from Fort Edward to Col. Gamworth at Fort George, June 24, 1776.
About This Item
- Title: Benedict Arnold letter, June 24, 1776
- Creator: Arnold, Benedict
- Creation Date: 1776-06-24
- Subject Date: 1776-06-24
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420, v. 2
- Collection: John S. H. Fogg autograph collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Arnold, Benedict, 1741-1801--Records and correspondence
- United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Campaigns--Canadian Invasion, 1775-1776
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.