Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Brigadier General Benedict Arnold served in the American Army during the Revolution. He went on to flee America on the British vessel, Vulture, and became a colonel in the British Army. There are no contemporary portraits of Benedict Arnold, though artists' imaginative renderings are available, such as this one for the Universal Magazine.
About This Item
- Title: Brigadier General Benedict Arnold
- Creation Date: circa 1780
- Subject Date: circa 1780
- Media: Engraving, ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420, v. 22
- Collection: John S. H. Fogg autograph collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.