Brigadier General Benedict Arnold
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Brigadier General Benedict Arnold served in the American Army during the Revolution. He went on to flee America on the British vessel, Vulture, and became a colonel in the British Army. There are no contemporary portraits of Benedict Arnold, though artists' imaginative renderings are available, such as this one for the Universal Magazine.
- Title: Brigadier General Benedict Arnold
- Creation Date: circa 1780
- Subject Date: circa 1780
- Media: Engraving, ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 420 v. 22
- Collection: Fogg, John Samuel Hill autograph collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.