Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927
Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
The Arcade was built in 1926 along Route 1 in East Machias and was owned by R.K. Dennison of East Machias.
This popular destination attracted locals and tourists alike. It had a theater and an ice cream parlor and dining room.
One September night, someone put a cigarette butt in the waste container, and the Arcade burned down.
- Title: Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927
- Creation Date: 1927
- Subject Date: 1927
- Town: Machias
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Glass plate negative
- Dimensions (cm): 12.75 x 17.75
- Local Code: LB2007.1.100615
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Company
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.