Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927
Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
The Arcade was built in 1926 along Route 1 in East Machias and was owned by R.K. Dennison of East Machias.
This popular destination attracted locals and tourists alike. It had a theater and an ice cream parlor and dining room.
One September night, someone put a cigarette butt in the waste container, and the Arcade burned down.
- Title: Ice Cream Parlor at the Arcade, East Machias, 1927
- Creation Date: 1927
- Subject Date: 1927
- Town: Machias
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Glass plate negative
- Dimensions (cm): 12.75 x 17.75
- Local Code: LB2007.1.100615
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Company
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.