Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This map is entitled, "Sketch of the imaginary ranges of Highlands reported by the British Surveyors under the Treaty of Ghent, as extending across the State of Maine."
It is one of a series of maps that were drawn to help resolve the dispute between Britain and the U.S. over the boundary between Maine and Canada.
About This Item
- Title: British survey highlands map, ca. 1840
- Creator: Chapin, W.
- Creation Date: circa 1840
- Subject Date: circa 1840
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 31 cm x 33 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 26, Map FF 1
- Collection: Barclay collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.