Linekin Bay Yacht Club, ca. 1913
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In 1904, the summer colonies at Bayville and Murray Hill, both on Linekin Bay in the Boothbay region, built a casino on the water at the end of Murray Hill Road. By the mid 1910s, when this photograph was taken, a the Linekin Bay Yacht Club was formed and a steamboat wharf was built southwest from the casino. This photograph was taken on the occasion of a regatta held at the yacht club. In July 1913 the Linekin Bay Yacht Club hosted the Boston Yacht Club during a regatta and Fete Days, with motor boat races, clambakes, luncheons, and a dance.