East Boothbay waterfront, 1899
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The large building on the right of this 1899 photograph of the East Boothbay waterfront was the Granville Seavey sail loft. Seavey sail loft was later part of the Frank Rice shipyard, which was torn down in the mid 1990s. Barely in view behind the sail loft was another shipyard building, built originally in 1765 in Boothbay Center as the meetinghouse there. The meetinghouse was moved to East Boothbay in 1848. As of 2013 the location along East Boothbay's waterfront shown in this turn of the century photograph is home to Shipbuilder's Park.