Jane Matilda Hadlock Sanford, Great Cranberry Island, ca. 1855
Contributed by Great Cranberry Island Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is an ambrotype portrait of Jane Matilda Hadlock Sanford (1826-1898) of Great Cranberry Island taken when she was the wife of George E. Sanford and mother of three children.
Born in Paris, France, she was the daughter of Samuel Hadlock, Jr. (1792-1839) and Hanna Caroline Dorothea Russ (1803-1889).
She was the second wife of William Pitt Preble, and the third Hadlock to live in the Preble House.
- Title: Jane Matilda Hadlock Sanford, Great Cranberry Island, ca. 1855
- Creation Date: 1855 - 1860
- Subject Date: 1855 - 1860
- Local Name: Great Cranberry Island
- Town: Cranberry Isles
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Ambrotype
- Dimensions (cm): 6.35 x 5.08
- Local Code: 1000.140.1843
- Collection: Louise Marr
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Great Cranberry Island Historical Society
PO Box 12, Cranberry Isles, ME 04625
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.