New looms arriving at the Hill Mill, Lewiston, October 1961
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Hill Mill was one of many textile mills in Lewiston-Auburn. Construction began on the mill in 1850 under the Hill Manufacturing Company of local industrialist Thomas J. Hill. The mill remained operational for over a century, during which time it was absorbed into the Bates Manufacturing Company before it closed in 1971.