Contributed by Ellsworth Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A postcard depicting Main Street in Ellsworth as viewed from outside the old Masonic Lodge building and looking towards the Union River. Tracey's Restaurant, as viewed on the right side of the street, is the current location of Finn's Irish Public House (2013).
The reverse side of the postcard contains a note from Annie to her friend Miss Maude Billings of Everett, Massachusetts:
Am planning to leave here Oct. 5, Thursday, for New York, and after a glimpse of the Fair, and a day or two with Julia Campbell in Hollis, L. I. will go to Cleveland to stay till it is time to go South. Will write you a letter from there.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Ellsworth, 1939
- Creator: Tichnor Quality Views
- Creation Date: 1939-10-01
- Subject Date: 1939-10-01
- Town: Ellsworth
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 14.0 cm
- Local Code: Director's Office, postcard envelope
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ellsworth Public Library
20 State Street, Ellsworth, ME 04605
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Ellsworth
- Main Street (Ellsworth, Me.)
- Business districts--Maine--Ellsworth