Little Canada School, Lewiston, 1900
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows one of the first Franco-American schools, on Lincoln Street, known as the "École du Petit Canada", which would later become St Mary's School after the founding of that parish. The photograph looks down Lincoln Street towards the Lewiston Gas Company's plant, the tower of which is visible in the background. The chimney in the background belongs to the Avon Manufacturing Company.