Little Canada School, Lewiston, ca.1900
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows an early school for Franco-American children, known as the "École du Petit Canada" on Lincoln Street as it looked around the turn of the century. This school would later become St Mary's parish school, once that parish was established. The principal of the school, Elise Fournier, is standing between the porch and the ladder.