Contributed by Raymond H. Fogler Library
William S. Cohen, former United States Secretary of Defense (1997-2001), Senator (1979-1996) and Representative (1973-1978) was born in 1940 in this apartment house that once stood on the corner of Essex and Hancock Streets in Bangor, Maine. The building was torn down as a part of an urban renewal project in the late 1970s.
About This Item
- Title: William S. Cohen birth house, Bangor, ca. 1976
- Creation Date: circa 1976
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 24 cm x 18 cm
- Local Code: MS0106_b03_f011_002
- Collection: William S. Cohen Papers
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Raymond H. Fogler Library
University of ME; 5729 Fogler Library, Orono, ME 04469
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.