Clearing the Debris at St. Dominic's Arena, Lewiston, 1956
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Students from St. Dominic's High School salvage timbers from the school's hockey arena which was constructed in 1949, but destroyed in a fire just seven years' later. The 1949 arena was the first in Maine to have artificial ice. The arena was rebuilt as the Central Maine Youth Arena, and is now the Androscoggin Bank Colissée. It was owned by the Diocese of Portland until 1989.