Pvt. John E. Stewart on letter writing, Virginia, 1861
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Writing from the 6th Regiment Maine Volunteers camp at Maxall Hill, Virginia, Pvt. John E. Stewart of Cherryfield, a soldier in Co. G, wrote to Samantha Leighton of Cherryfield about being sick from "standing picket."
He also discussed how he was sending letters and whether they were being received.
He told Leighton he had sent her flower seeds in some letters.
- Title: Pvt. John E. Stewart on letter writing, Virginia, 1861
- Creator: Stewart, John E.
- Creation Date: 1861-10-20
- Subject Date: 1861
- Local Name: Maxall Hill
- Town: Columbia, Lewinsville
- State: VA
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 20 x 12.2
- Local Code: Coll. S-7336, Misc. Box 255/9
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.