Ripley & Fletcher Auto Dealer, Main Street, Bridgton
Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Ripley & Fletcher Auto Dealership, Main Street, Bridgton. This is the tax record for a Commercial Building owned by the Ripley & Fletcher Company at the time of the survey, ca. 1938.
The card was updated later to reflect ownership by the Town of Bridgton, which purchased the property in 1948. The building was not only used to store road maintenance vehicles and equipment, but for municipal offices and a one-cell jail. The card references a deed dated 1919. This is not the date of the photograph.
- Title: Ripley & Fletcher Auto Dealer, Main Street, Bridgton
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 588 Ripley&Fletcher, Main
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Records
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.