William Sentner Home, Monson, ca. 1900
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This home was built by early settler, James Whiting who arrived in Monson in October of 1822 with his family of five. Located on Water Street, this photograph shows the home around 1900 when it was owned by Newfoundland immigrant William Sentner who had a blacksmith shop. The home changed owners several more times until it was left to the town of Monson. The house was demolished in 1984 and is now the site of the Monson Memorial Park.