Carlson House, Monson, 1931
In 1883 this house became the residence of John and Nellie Carlson, Swedish immigrants. Previously it had been a Congregational church parsonage. John Carlson was passed the property on to his son John C. Carlson and later his daughter Annie Carlson Howard who was married to Alfred Howard. Their son George Carlson Howard later inherited the property, passing it on to daughter Mary Jane Howard Kimball who later sold the property. The home stands today (2013) on Tenney Hill in Monson and serves a well maintained example of an early home in Monson.