John Rice Flint house, Monson, ca. 1890
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This early farm was built in 1852 by Captain Peabody H. Rice for his family on Center Street in Monson. Rice served as Postmaster in Monson from 1841 to 1845 and was a leader of the community. Upon Rice's death the home was purchased by his heir, John Rice Flint in 1896 and remained in the Flint family until the 1960's. AS of 1013, the home is occupied and remains one of the oldest buildings in Monson.