The Monson Narrow Gauge Engine, shown at the Water Street station, has the single passenger car attached.
Travelers would be taken from town to Monson Junction located in Abbot where they could then catch a Bangor and Aroostook train for further travel.
Mr. Alvin Gray writes in his diary that "September 4, 1883 the first train of cars arrived at the station, bringing a good number of visitors." On September 28, 1883 Gray made his first trip to Abbot on the "narrow railroad". He paid an "assessment" of one dollar for this trip.