Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Robert Nisbet delivered milk for Roswell House Dairy in Strathglass Park. The Dairy was located at the intersection of Old Route 2 and Sunnyside Terrace. The Nisbets lived on the second floor and the creamery was located on the first Floor. Roswell House moved his farm and dairy business to Rumford Center in 1908.
About This Item
- Title: Robert Nisbet, Rumford, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Rumford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
145 Congress Street, Rumford, ME 04276
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Old Route 2 (Rumford, Me.)
- Sunnyside Terrace (Rumford, Me.)
- Dairy stores--Maine--Rumford
- Dairy workers--Maine--Rumford
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Rumford
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.