Post Office and Burgess Store, Rumford Center, ca. 1921
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This picture postcard shows the Burgess Store and Rumford Center Post Office around 1921. Joshua Graham first opened a store in this location in 1818. T. H. Burgess became the owner in 1893. His son Merle took over at his death and operated it until 1946. Merle and Anita Richardson purchased it in 1950; their son Mark later operated the store.